This is my very first Halloween decoration!! I am so proud of myself bc I feel like I am that much less of a ba-humbug.
My friend was also teaching a class on how to make little girl hair bows and clips so I thought I would learn how just in case one day I have a girl.
Here is Dane in his Monster shirt that my sister gave him.
We went to the ward Trunk or Treat and they had a little set-up for pictures. Here is our little dinosaur.
One girl brought her dog dressed as a cow. I think Dane had more fun harrassing the dog all night than he did getting candy just handed to him everytime he turned around. Poor dog, I mean cow.

Our complex also had a Halloween party that we stopped by. Dane would not leave these kids alone. He would go up to them and just stare at them and their soda pop. I could totally tell that the kids felt uncomfortable because Dane was invading their space. It was so funny.
Midwestern had the annual Halloween party and Dane had a lot of fun with his buddy Presten the turlte. They were so funny to watch. They think eachother are so funny.
We had a great Halloween for the most part. Dane had NO candy bc he wasn't eating his food earlier in the day. The day after Halloween he threw up all over me. There is nothing more stressful than having a sick kid, especially when they throw up everything!! Last Thanksgiving Dane wound up in the hospital because he was throwing up so much and completely dehydrated so everytime he throws up I just panic. I hope this is just a coinsidence and not a tradition he decides to keep up every year at this time.Not only was I stressed about having Dane sick but I was also asked to speak at Stake Conference. It is fitting that I was asked to speak the week of Halloween since I am TERRIFIED of speaking in public. Saturday night I thought I was getting what Dane had because I felt nauseas but I think it was mainly my nerves. I am so grateful that Ryan was able to stay at home with Dane so that I could go get my talk over with and not have the stress of leaving Dane with a friend or babysitter. I felt so bad, as I was leaving the house, Ryan got puked on.
I am so glad to have the weekend over and Dane actually keeping some fluid and a little bit a food down. I am just praying that Ryan and I don't catch it. With finals approaching, that is the last thing we need.
I hope everyone had a great Halloween!!



13 comments:
Oh Carlie, I didn't know Dane's been sick! I'm so sorry! Is there anything I can do for you guys? Having a sick kid IS the worst! I hope you guys don't catch it. That would be bad right before finals. Dane looked so cute in his costume. And by the way, I think you are a GREAT public speaker! Your talk made me cry--again!
I love Dane's dinosaur costume! He is such a cute kid! I can't believe you just spoke in our ward and they asked you to speak in stake conference! I would have been freaking out! I missed the conference talk but you really did such an awesome job in our ward!
Carly, bummer about Dane being sick. I hope he gets better soon. And, I promise we aren't inactive - I guess we were in Mexico the week you spoke at our ward, and that is crazy you had to speak at stake conference too. I am sad we missed it, but from what Criscell said, I am sure you were amazing.
What a cute little dino! That's sad that he was/is sick. I would DIE if I got asked to speak in Stake Conference. I'm impressed!
I loved Dane's dinosaur costume. He is so darling. I can't believe you had to speak in stake conference. How scary! We have 2 kids so sick so we weren't able to go. But, I bet you did great!
Oh Carlie that does not sound fun, the puking part. His costume is cute. I never did see him in person. I hope he is feeling better now. You probably were asked to speak at Stake Conference because your talk in church the other day was so good.
hi my name is becky. our husbands go to school together. i've been to girls night a few times. you might remember me from there. you seem pretty cool and i was wondering if you wanted to be friends. some of my interests include:
diet coke,watching the office and kath and kim, ice cream, the sun, and going to movies.
what are some of your interests?
ok, i am kidding, but really this is getting ridiculous. we need to do something sometime.
I hope he is feeling better!! I loved your talk... in case i havent told you yet... Do you have it in a document?? I need you to email it to me STAT!! J/k!! Oh and have i told you, you are soo crafty!!
I hope you little man id feeling better.
I thought Halloween was October 31st and not November 4th cause tonight is the scariest night in freakin history! Barack Hussein Obama is our president?!?! I'm movin to Mexico where I don't have to share my burrito with everyone... You in?! And you've got little stud!
wow! i hope your talk went well. i think i would FREAK if asked to speak in stake conference...let alone my own ward!
What a cute lil' dino. ;) It looks like you guys had a lot of fun and had lot's of parties to go to. That stinks he was sick though. Well, hope you are doing good, oh, you have to email me a let me know how your talk went.
Heidi ;)
I just barely noticed that I had comments on my blog. for some reason I don't get emails anymore when someone leaves a message. weird! anyways, thanks for all the nice comments about my talk.
Post a Comment