-THE SKINNERS-

Thursday, October 8, 2009

.

Dane has decided that napping isn't his thing anymore. It is driving me crazy! He will stay in his room for 3 hours and will just play and play but as soon as I've given up- he falls asleep! And in the most UNCOMFORTABLE positions.



He also thinks he can just walk out of his room at night and come hang out with us. It has been a battle, but...


-one that I am definately WINNING:) !
That's right! I tied his door to the closet door!

It only took a couple of night of me tying his door shut for him to learn. He now likes to sleep with the door open and knows NOT to get one foot out of bed or it's back to tying the door shut. What a good learner;)

4 comments:

fREnCh TrOSt said...

It's good to hear that I'm not the only one who does that! I feel so horrible doing it, but it really does help them learn!

Cortney said...

hahaha! thats hilarious! that reminds me of when i was younger.. i would do that to spencer and emily when i would babysit.. i was a terrible older sister.. i love reading your guys stories they make me laugh all the time. your kids are sure cute

Ashley Gaskell said...

i did that to rylee for awhile and then had to just change the doorknob so the lock is on the outside of the door..... and she does NOT like it one bit! its all good, i think most moms have to do that at least once!

Criscell said...

I love it! Way to improvise! That's why I switched Caysja's lock on her door around. It worked wonders! I know I"m such a mean mom. So sorry Dane isn't taking naps anymore. That's a sad day. Your boys are so adorable!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker