Over Thanksgiving I was able to see my parents for about an hour as they were passing through town which I loved! My mom is an amazing cook and quilter. Too bad those skills weren't passed on to any of her daughters (sorry Lynds and Steph, you know its true). When I saw my mom last week she gave me the quilt that she finally made for Dane and it is so dang cute. She also made Dane a one-of-a-kind BYU pillow case which Dane and RYan love. Because of his pillow case, Dane now knows what a cougar is and loves "cougews".

She also made him this light-weight blanket that is hawaiin style.

Over conference one of the missionaries that served his mission under my dad came to the States and brought with him THE CUTEST All Blacks shirt, jacket, and rugby ball from New Zealand. I could not believe all of the stuff he spoiled Dane with. This missionary, Mila Masiasomua, taught me and my school class (back when I was about 10 years old) how to do the haka which is so fitting for the outfits that he brought for my kid. The cute thing is is that my dad also has the polo shirt shown below. He served his mission to New Zealand when he was young and played rugby at BYU so he may have been a little jealous of all of Dane's new clothing.

He also brought this shirt for Dane which is hilarious.

THis week my sister got me some stuff to make a large letter "D" for Dane's room. This is how it turned out. I understand that scrap booky crafts are not very manly but I still think it turned out pretty cute and his walls are still pretty bare. I just need to figure out where I want to hang it.
5 comments:
Carlie, you SUCK! You know that I am a great cook and seamstress and basically anything else that there is to do. Too bad you are the youngest and didn't get any of the skilss cuz steph and I got them all!!!
I think the "D" is very manly. Of course, my son now owns a doll... it's better than having him carry Aubrey around...
Cute things, Carlie! I love the pillow case, blankets, and letter 'D'. It is awesome. Sounds like you guys had a great T-giving break.
I love the blanket - I recognize a lot of the same fabric from Isaac's quilt. I think it's cool that they share some of the same patches, don't you? You're mom rules!
Glad you had so much fun in UT.
how do you make the "d"? it is super cute!
by the way...it was so good to see you!
Post a Comment